Within the enterprise portal AX offers functionality for employees to order products via a product catalogue which is be maintained from within AX. Below I will discuss the two elements:
- Setting up the catalogues
- Purchasing products using the Employee self-service
Creating a Procurement hierarchy
Category hierarchies are used to classify products and can be used for reporting and analysis. Each category hierarchy consists of a structure of categories. An organization can create more than one category hierarchy but only one procurement category hierarchy can be active.
- Select Product information management > Setup > Categories > Category hierarchies
- Create a new hierarchy by clicking Category hierarchy in the New group in the ribbon bar.
- Enter a Name and Description for the category hierarchy, and then click Create.
- The Category hierarchy form will open. Use the Edit button to modify the…
View original post 867 more words