If you see a field in Dynamics 365 for Operations and need to navigate out to it, you can do the process in Figure 1 below. You right click on the field of interest, hover over ‘Form information’ option, and then click the ‘Form Name: ….’ option.
You’ll see the ‘Form name’ window appear which contains a wealth of information. It shoudl be fairly similar but you will notice a few additions. In Figure 2 below, you’ll see:
- Control Information
- Datasource = the name of the datasource (not the table name but generally is. The table name ‘should’ be fairly similar. You’ll want to look for the query statement to confirm)
- Data field = the name of the datasource field (generally table field name)
- Form Information
- Form name = the form that the menu item is tied to
- Menu item name = the name of the menu item as it is in the AOT
- Menu item display = the type of the menu item (display/output/action)
- Query Statement
- The query for the datasource. This is nice to see on the front end. No need to dig for it in the back end with the QueryBuildDataSource in code.
Hope this helps!